NIST continues to release good guidelines on security. Within the last month, they released three new special publications, and updated three special publications.
- SP 800-115 – Technical Guide to Information Security Testing and Assessment
- SP 800-121 – Guide to Bluetooth Security
- SP 800-124 – Guidelines on Cell Phone and PDA Security
- SP 800-64 r2 – Security Considerations in the System Development Life Cycle
- SP 800-66 r1 – An Introductory Resource Guide for Implementing the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Security Rule
- SP 800-68 r1 – Guide to Securing Microsoft Windows XP Systems for IT Professionals