Each week, we’ll highlight a major city in the US and cover the places and events you can go to in that area to get your security information fix. This post is part of the information security communities.
Salt Lake City is home to a small but tight community of infosec professionals. below is a concise and comprehensive guide to these local professional groups.
- OWASP Salt_Lake Local Chapter – Has its doors open to new members. They also have a free mailing list.
- ISSA Utah Salt Lake Chapter – Don’t have anything on the horizon at the moment, but they do welcome vendors who want to make presentations for the next seminar.
- ISACA Utah Chapter – Founded all the way back in 1974, this chapter boasts more than a hundred members and hold monthly seminars. Their prolific events schedule already has an entry for this year and is open to students, ISSA, and IIS members.
- InfraGard Salt Lake City – Works closely with the FBI but the last meeting happened a while ago last year.
There aren’t a lot of hackerspaces in Salt Lake and only one is officially listed.
- MakeSLC – Small and close-knit. Homebase is a stone’s throw away from Pioneer Park. They’ve got free membership and a Facebook group.
There might be a few groups we missed. If so, feel free to chime in at the comments.