Each week, we’ll highlight a major city in the US and cover the places and events you can go to in that area to get your security information fix. This post is part of the information security communities.
Boise is an idyllic cluster of low rise buildings amid a sea of greenery and rolling hills. It’s postcard perfect and offers lots of great outdoors adventures. That’s not to say it doesn’t have any local professional groups.
- Boise ISSA – Just concluded their second meeting for this year last week. For queries and briefings on their upcoming activities, go here.
- OWASP Boise – The chapter meets on the fourth Tuesday of every month. A March 25 event is already scheduled. To get in touch they have a mailing list.
- AITP Boise – A student chapter in Boise State University. This small group have no immediate plans or events scheduled.
- Boise Infragard - Not a full fledged chapter but there is a point man/representative at Boise who can be reached.
There is only one hackerspace of note in Boise.
- The Faculty – A small group whose HQ is in the intersection of Rose and S. Latah streets. They can be reached thru email. (Click on the link.)
There might be a few groups and events we missed. If so, feel free to chime in at the comments.
Tags: The Faculty