Each week, we’ll highlight a major city in the US and cover the places and events you can go to in that area to get your security information fix. This post is part of the information security communities.
Minneapolis – St. Paul have a rivalry as old as time. That doesn’t mean the local professional groups are at loggerheads themselves.
- Minneapolis St. Paul Local Chapter – Just concluded a meeting at the end of last month. If you don’t want to miss their next get together, join the mailing list. These guys aren’t shy about welcoming new sponsors too.
- Minnesota ISSA Chapter – A state-wide organization with headquarters in St. Paul. Last meeting was on March 15. To keep tab on what they’re planning for the future, just visit the site.
- ISACA Minnesota Chapter – Yet another state-wide chapter. These guys are active too and are currently prepping for a big Secure360 event next next month. The chapter is having a round table meeting at Month’s end. For more info, visit the home site or check their schedule for details.
- Infragard Minneapolis – These guys are also looking forward to Secure360 on May and have upcoming meetings already scheduled until November. Get in touch here.
- AITP Minnesota – Have a meeting next month. Either go to the site for details and contacts or check out their profile.
Where there are groups, there are local meetings.
- DC612 – These Minneapolis misfits congregate every month but canceled on March 10. Expect fresh news on their activities once April rolls in.
- Dorkbot Minneapolis – Whoever is involved are still in the process of scheduling a meet sometime in the future.
- Minneapolis 2600 – Next meeting is at Java J’s coffee house at 7pm.
Let’s not forget to mention a hackerspace or two.
And last, the all-important security events.
- ISACA Training Week – This five day event won’t be until September though. Register here. The hotel accommodations look nice.
- 6th Annual Secure360 Conference – It’s on May, just two days long, and there’s lots of cool activities in the itinerary for those wishing to participate. You don’t want to miss this.
There might be a few groups and events we missed. If so, feel free to chime in at the comments.