Each week, we’ll highlight a major city in the US and cover the places and events you can go to in that area to get your security information fix. This post is part of the information security communities.
Since Little Rock is a big city in the small state of Arkansas, there must be local professional groups, right? Right.
- ArkLaTex ISSA – A conglomeration of infosec pros from Arkansas, Texas and Louisiana. This motley group’s last meeting was on September 2010. No word yet on any future gathering.
- Northwest Arkansas ISSA – Might as well throw these guys in even if they’re from Bentonville. They hold meetings on the first Tuesday of every month but for details just open the link.
- ISACA Central Arkansas – Last meeting was on March 8 but a new one is in the works. Get in touch by opening the link.
- Infragard Little Rock – Aren’t very busy at the moment. Explore their website for info and any possible news about future meetings.
- AITP University of Arkansas – Same as the above. Not much on the horizon but might be worth a moment’s perusal.
Where there are groups, there are local meetings.
- Central Arkansas Innovative Alliance – Have an open invitation for a meeting/discussion this April 14th. If you’re in town, you might not want to miss it.
If you look hard enough, a couple of hackerspaces will reveal themselves.
- Mont/HackNetCentral – Is still in the works and is going to open soon.
There might be a few groups and events we missed. If so, feel free to chime in at the comments.