- SIM Card Forensics: An Introduction – resources.infosecinstitute.com
A detail discussion by Rohit Shaw about SIM (subscriber identity module), SIM structure and it’s file systems, security, tools etc.
- Elevating privileges by exploiting weak folder permissions – www.greyhathacker.net
This post is about weaknesses in folder permissions leading to elevation of privilege by using DLL hijacking vulnerabilities in Windows Services.
- HP research finds vulnerabilities in 9 of 10 mobile apps –zdnet.com
Obvious security vulnerabilities are disturbingly common in corporate mobile apps. If HP can find them, so can malicious actors.
- Security Researcher Demonstrates Healthcare.gov Vulnerabilities –cyberarms.wordpress.com
A select panel of experts met to discuss the security issues with Obama’s Healthcare.gov website. But only one of them demonstrated vulnerabilities live.
- Cupid Media Hack Exposed 42M Passwords – krebsonsecurity.com
An intrusion at online dating service Cupid Media earlier this year exposed more than 42 million consumer records, including names, email addresses, unencrypted passwords and birthdays, according to information obtained by KrebsOnSecurity.