- Black Hat too commercial for you? – networkworld.com
Two premiere security conferences — Black Hat and DefCon — run back-to-back in Las Vegas this week, each with their own distinct flavor.
- How to follow #Blackhat / #Defcon / #BsidesLV without being there (updated x4) – security4all.be
The first tool is to use twitter and follow the hashtags #defcon, #blackhat and #bsideslv.
- Hackers With Enigmatic Motives Vex Companies – nytimes.com
But it is the third group, the “gray hats,” that are the most vexing for companies.
- The Irony – Black Hat Video Stream Hack – michael-coates.blogspot.com
Free access to the Black Hat Video Stream? Yep, that was the case.
- Apple patches Safari Auto-Fill security hole – zdnet.com
The update comes ahead of a presentation at this year’s Black Hat security conference where Web application security researcher Jeremiah Grossman is scheduled to discuss the AutoFill hack.
- Black Hat USA 2010: Complete Coverage – darkreading.com
- Greetings from Blackhat USA – sophos.com
- BlackHat Briefings 2010: Day 1 LiveBlog – it.toolbox.com
- BlackHat Briefings 2010: Day 2 LiveBlog – it.toolbox.com
- Blackhat 2010 – Day One – zscaler.com
- Blackhat 2010 – Day Two – zscaler.com
Presentations and Keynotes:
- Former NSA, CIA Director Says Intelligence-Gathering Isn’t Cyberwar – darkreading.com
Efforts to crack U.S. cyberdefenses are standard operating procedure, Hayden tells Black Hat audience
- Researcher Reads RFID Tag From Hundreds Of Feet Away – darkreading.com
Security researcher Chris Paget demonstrated his homegrown RFID-reading equipment at both Black Hat USA and Defcon 18
- Design Flaws Make All Browsers Vulnerable, Black Hat Speaker Says – darkreading.com
In series of hacks, researcher demonstrates inherent flaws in currently-used browsers.
- ATM Vulnerable to Remote Theft
Barnaby Jack demonstrates remote and local exploits that work on popular bank machines
- ATMs At Risk, Researcher Warns At Black Hat – darkreading.com
- Turning an ATM into a Slot Machine – praetorianprefect.com
- Researcher Demonstrates ATM ‘Jackpotting’ at Black Hat Conference – wired.com
- Hacker breaks into ATMs, dispenses cash remotely – zdnet.com
- Remote Jackpot: Hacking ATMs – avertlabs.com
- Researcher Exposes Massive Automated Check Counterfeiting Operation Out of Russia – darkreading.com
- ‘Big Boss’ operation used VPN-tunneling botnet, Zeus Trojan, database-hacking, and money mules to help print and cash phony checks
- ‘App Genome Project’ Exposes Potential Smartphone Risks – darkreading.com
Researchers from Lookout will present their findings thus far in study of freebie Android, iPhone apps
- Most SSL Sites Poorly Configured – darkreading.com
Half of all SSL servers run older, insecure version of SSL; attacks against HTTPS browser sessions detailed at Black Hat
- New Tool Allows Websites To Keep Serving Pages After Infection – darkreading.com
“Mod_antimalware” strips out malware instead of blocking infected pages, Black Hat presenter says.
- JavaSnoop released at BlackHat 2010 – i8jesus.com
A tool that lets you intercept methods, alter data and otherwise test the security of Java applications on your computer.
- drivesploit: drive-by download testing framework for metasploit – drivesploit.org
We will demonstrate how easy it is to defeat automated detection mechanisms and overview commonly used techniques.
- Blackhat and Defcon PoC code released – secmaniac.com
Below is the download links for the Metasploit Modules and PowerShell sample code released at Blackhat and (soon to be) Defcon with Josh Kelley (winfang).
- BlackHat 2010 Video! The ATM Hack and Jackpot – it.toolbox.com
- #blackhat day 1: my small collection of articles, pics, video, tools and quotes – security4all.be
- S.A. Ridley’s Picasa – picasaweb.google.com