[EBP+0x30], POPAD and ROP.
iPhone Forensics Analysis of iOS 5 backups : Part 1 – infosecinstitute.com
iPhone forensics can be performed on the backups made by iTunes or directly on the live device. This Previous article on iPhone forensics detailed the forensic techniques and the technical challenges involved in performing live device forensics.
- Three Areas You Need To Test When Assessing Mobile Applications – securestate.com
Having spoken at both at the SANS Mobile Device Security Summit as well as OWASP AppSec DC recently about testing mobile applications I’ve encountered that like the old saying goes “There are many ways to skin a cat”, there are also many ways to assess a mobile application.
- Command Injection to Code Execution with PowerShell – obscuresecurity.blogspot.com
A common scenario that testers face involves leveraging command injection vulnerabilities into a full-blown shell. A lot of people view command injection as an old technique, but it is very relevant today. There are many different types of attacks that end in command injection (e.g. SQL injection), so testers need a way to turn Windows commands into shell access.
- Decrypting the iPhone keychain from backups SECURITYLEARN – securitylearn.wordpress.com
In iTunes backup, the iPhone Keychain sqlite database is stored as a PList file. The Keychain file gets stored with 51a4616e576dd33cd2abadfea874eb8ff246bf0e file name in the iTunes backup folder.
- Interesting Directives in php.ini (for Pen Testers and Devs) – pentesticles.com
This post aims to pin-point the directives that developers should be familiar with and also show penetration testers the nuts and bolts of the issues they’re seeing so that they may better advise their clients.
- Adobe Flash
- Critical Flash Update Fixes Zero-day Flaw Krebs on Security – krebsonsecurity.com
Adobe Systems Inc. today issued a security update to its Flash Player software. The company stressed that the update fixes a critical vulnerability that malicious actors have been using in targeted attacks.
- Security update available for Adobe Flash Player – adobe.com
Adobe released security updates for Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.52 and earlier versions for Windows, Macintosh and Linux, Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206 and earlier versions for Android 4.x, and Adobe Flash Player 220.127.116.11 and earlier versions for Android 3.x and 2.x.
- Update: TaskManager.xls V0.1.3 Killer Shellcode – blog.didierstevens.com
Today I’m adding a new command to our toolkit: injecting and executing shellcode in the target process. I’m providing 32-bit and 64-bit shellcode that calls ExitProcess. When this shellcode is injected and executed inside a process, the process will terminate itself.
- Metasploit VMware Auxiliary Modules – eromang.zataz.com
Metasploit provide VMware auxiliary modules who allow you to gather informations, authentication brute force, execute task against ESX/ESXi.