Each week, we’ll highlight a major city in the US and cover the places and events you can go to in that area to get your security information fix. This post is part of the information security communities.
Portland is regarded as one of the greenest cities on earth, a self-proclaimed city of roses whose cosmopolitan taste for culture makes it a cool place to live in. This doesn’t mean there aren’t any local professional groups.
- ISSA Portland – Already have an ISSA Security Summit scheduled for April 21. Join their mailing list for details and additional info.
- ISACA Willamette Valley Chapter – Not exactly in Portland, but close enough. The chapter already had a luncheon-training session on February 10 but there are no upcoming meets on the horizon. Here’s a directory for contacting the chapter members.
- Portland InfraGard – Don’t have any meetings on the horizon either, but if you want to, get in touch by clicking on the link.
- AITP Southern Oregon – A University chapter whoa aren’t very active at the moment.
Considering the notable presence of professional groups, it’s no surprise there are more than a few hackerspaces in town.
- TechShop Portland – A loosely affiliated national organization with branches in lots of major cities, the Portland branch are relocating so they won’t resurface until Fall 2011. Check out their mother site here.
- Brainsilo – A close knit community who are currently pursuing several projects. They have a detailed and comprehensive site so check it for additional info. For contacts, go here.
There ‘s a couple of security events on the way too.
- SANS Portland – This year’s SANS event will be from May 16-21. To know what’s in store, check the event at a glance here.
- Innotech Conference/ISSA Security Summit – A one day affair at the Oregon Convention Center. For information read this, to register go here.
There might be a few groups we missed. If so, feel free to chime in at the comments.
[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Win Security, Michael Stanton. Michael Stanton said: Portland Security Community: Each week, we’ll highlight a major city in the US and cover the places and events y… http://bit.ly/eI8LNe […]