The East Coast is home to some of the world’s leading computer security professionals. The computer security industry has been active for many years and is now experiencing rapid growth. Boston has a history that is rich in technology with innovative industries and cutting-edge thought leaders. Boston companies such as @stake, Guardent and others were instrumental in the development of the security industry. Many of the founders and employees of these companies remain in the Boston area and are present in the community. In addition to the many people who have been in the security industry for years, these communities always welcome new industry professionals to their events.
- OWASP Boston Area – The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a worldwide free and open community focused on improving the security of application software. Our mission is to make application security "visible," so that people and organizations can make informed decisions about application security risks. Everyone is free to participate in OWASP and all of our materials are available under an open source license. OWASP Boston meets the first wednesday of every month, 6:30 to 9 pm
- ISSA New England – The Information Systems Security Association (ISSA) is an international organization providing educational forums, publications and peer interaction opportunities that enhance the knowledge, skills and professional growth of its members information security professionals. The primary goal of ISSA Is to promote management practices that will ensure availability, integrity and confidentiality of organizational resources.
- ISACA New England – The Information Systems Audit and Control Association () is a professional association of individuals interested in information systems audit, control and security.
- IANS Forum – IANS is a Boston-based research company that focuses exclusively on the fields of information security, regulatory compliance and IT Risk Management. IANS mission is to deliver technical and business insights that assist our clients in solving their most pressing problems.
- Beansec – An informal meetup of information security professionals in Boston. Unlike other meetups, you will not be expected to pay dues, "join up", or stomach another vendor spiel to attend. Beansec takes place the third Wednesday of every month.
- SOURCE Boston – SOURCE Boston combines business, technology and software development in a collaborative environment that provides security experts an opportunity to share insights and best practices for addressing security needs in the face of the evolving threat landscape.
- SecureWorldExpo – SecureWorld Expo brings together the security leaders, experts, senior executives, and policy makers who are shaping the very face of security. SecureWorld is at the intersection of Information Security, Physical Security, Compliance, IT Audit, Computer Forensics, Enterprise Risk Management, Business Continuity and Security Management.