- BlackHat Europe 2011
Participant blog journals about what happened during recently concluded BlackHat Europe in Barcelona.
- CanSecWest 2011 – intrepidusgroup.com
CanSecWest is a three day conference where attendees can attend every session, if they so choose. The talks are limited and high quality and the scheduling is such that no talks overlap. The focus is on quality.
- Mid-Atlantic CCDC Lessons Learned In Communication – blogs.tenablesecurity.com
The Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition (CCDC) is always a fantastic and educational event, and this year was no exception.
- RootedCon 2011 Presentations – slideshare.net
Archive of slide presentations during the recently concluded RootedCon.
- Standards for Penetration Testing – resources.infosecinstitute.com
Interviews on PTES with Christopher Nickerson, Peter Herzog, Tim Grance, and Rob Havelt.
- http-wp-plugins, retrieve installed WordPress plugins – seclists.org
This script tries to list those probably installed on a given blog by brute forcing the wp-content directory.
- pwClean v0.5 released – vulnerabilitydatabase.com
pwClean can remove systems, history and built-in accounts, as well as select admin accounts only.
- Nmap? In my Metasploit? It’s more likely than you think! – blog.metasploit.com
If you’ve been paying any attention to the open source security software space, you’ve probably noticed that one of our favorite tools, nmap, ships with a pretty serious scripting engine.
- Automatically Generating Memory Forensic Tools – moyix.blogspot.com
Now that the IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy program has finally been posted, I can describe some research I’ve been working on for the past year and a half related to virtual machine introspection (VMI) and memory forensics.
- OWASP LAPSE+
LAPSE+ is a security scanner for detecting vulnerabilities of untrusted data injection in Java EE Applications.