Each week, we’ll highlight a major city in the US and cover the places and events you can go to in that area to get your security information fix. This post is part of the information security communities.
More than just the edge-of-your-seat thrill of the Indy 500, the state capital has a lot to offer the open-minded visitor. Lest we forget to mention it, Indianapolis is also teeming with local professional groups.
- OWASP Indianapolis Local Chapter – They meet on a regular basis and already wrapped a January get together. Don’t fret because there are upcoming meets on March 29 and April 19. For more info, join their mailing list.
- Central Indiana ISSA – Are currently putting the finishing touches on their website. They’ve got a LinkedIn page. For additional contacts, go here.
- ISACA Central Indiana Chapter – Certification exams are coming on June. For info on this, just visit the homepage.
- InfraGard Indiana – A small group that aren’t very busy at the moment.
- Indiana AITP – There are a ton of student chapters spread across the state that are more or less active. Just check the entry on Indiana for the full list.
Despite the heavy presence of local groups, the local meetings front is pretty quiet.
- IN2600 – Their next meeting is just around the corner. Check the site for details.
Don’t miss these cool hackerspaces.
- Club Cyberia – It’s still a work in progress, but stay tuned!
- GammaLab – Same as the above though it seems to have changed its name to The Cove.
Here’s an upcoming security event.
- PCI/DSS Workshop 2011 – Won’t be until May. Registration is pretty steep, but there’s free lodging thrown in. Open the link for details and registration.
There might be a few groups and events we missed. If so, feel free to chime in at the comments.
Upcoming Event: Unlock Indy (this Saturday, currently “sold out”)